Monday, April 27, 2009

What it Means to be Unmarketable

I created this blog in the interest of it being unmarketable. This is mostly due to my fear of rejection, because if I aspired to make a marketable blog then in the event of it being a bust, my ego would take a crushing blow that I would rather not be involved with.

Marketable blogs have clear themes.

At LOLCats you are guaranteed to see an adorable cat of some kind talking like a Warcraft III player.

At XKCD you are guaranteed to see ecclectic stick people deal with math, science, Pearl, and love.

At The Hater, you are guaranteed some hate.

At Failblog you will see some epic failure.

At my tiny little niche of the web, nothing is guaranteed. It is simply a collection of musings of one person, just like the vast majority of blogs that are out there that owe a modest readership to friends and friends of friends... and occasionally some weird dude from Sweden.

The tone of the blog isn't even clear. Some posts are just for fun, others are important issues. Its that inconsistancy that will keep this blog in obscurity. But that is alright.

I'm not a man who revels in obscurity, and if I could be a famous blogger that didn't have to resort to any kind of day job, that would be amazing.

But I'm not. Because I don't think I'm that good yet.

I plan on being good. But I'm too wordy at times and am too lazy to check over my posts. I like being able to write about whatever I feel like despite hating going through most people's failed attempts at trying to interest people with their blog entries about their breakfast or pet.

I had yogurt for breakfast, and my pet is an orchid that refuses to flower anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment