Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle: Unmarketable to Marketable

Like most guys, I enjoy sports, fart jokes, and ignoring my feelings.

But when I watched this, tears welled up in my eyes and I was overwhelmed with... whattya call those things? Right--- emotions.

I had read a little bit of a story in the New York Times and my first reaction was "I've seen uglier" and my second was offense that an older, homely lady being able to sing, was news. But then I saw the video, and unless she turns out to be a closet racist / serial murderer, she might be the most lovable reality television star in history (which, now that I think about it, doesn't really say much, but still, she's goddamn lovable).


She has the best singing voice I have ever heard from anyone. There's just something about hearing a singer that hasn't gone through the Pro Tools ringer that adds that extra dimension of emotion that can't be faked.

And now I need to go play some Mad World to try to reclaim my masculinity through as much senseless violence as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment